Brief description of expertise :
The team I lead has been working on the synthesis of graphene for 3-4 years.
We participate in the National Scientific Program "Low-carbon energy for transport and domestic use" with a leading scientific organization Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. /https://eplus.bas.bg/en/.
Our role is to investigate the synthesis of graphene to make electrodes for supercapacitors
I am the supervisor of PhD student Dimitar Georgiev, who is preparing a dissertation on the synthesis of graphene.
We have filed 3 patent applications for graphene synthesis.
I. Markovska, D. Georgiev, F. Yovkova, M. Abrashev, Simple and environment-friendly method for graphene synthesis by using ultrasound (SCOPUS cited, Current nanoscience Im. F. 1.836, Q2) (submitted)
2. I. Markovska, F. Yovkova, M. Mitkova, Direct synthesis of graphene by using combined electrolysis and ultrasonic methods, 2021, Revista de chimie, (SCOPUS cited, Im. F. 1.316, Q2) (submitted)
3. D. Rusev, I. Markovska, P. Milusheva, Y. Hristov, M.Mitkova, D. Georgiev, High voltage deposition of graphene coating onto metal substrate to prepare supercapacitor electrodes, Journal of the Balkan Tribological Association, 2020, Vol. 26, No 3, p. 86–94 (SCOPUS cited, Im. F. 0, 737, Q3)
4. Irena Markovska, Dimitar Georgiev, Dimitar Rusev, Fila Yovkova, Obtaining of electrically conductive graphite paste from cheap and harmless materials for capacitor’s electrode coatings, Journal of the Balkan Tribological Association, 2020, (SCOPUS cited, Im. F. 0, 544, Q3) (in press)
5. F. Yovkova, I. Markovska, M. Mitkova, Synthesis of graphene – new nanomaterial for electronic’s purpose, KNOWLEDGE International Journal, Vol. 42., №3, 2020, p. 519-523.
6. Irena Markovska, Fila Yovkova, Dimitar Georgiev, Magdalena Mitkova, Eco-friendly production of low cost graphene and investigation of its properties as material for supercapacitor electrodes, Journal of Chemical, Biological and Physical Sciences (JCBPS), Section C; August 2019 – October 2019, Vol. 9, No. 4, р. 274-285.
7. I. Markovska, M. Mitkova, F. Yovkova, D. Georgiev, Preparation of graphene-based materials and dielectrics suitable for supercapacitors using pure and waste materials, 3rd Annual Energy Harvesting Society Meeting (EHS19), Falls Church, VA United States, September 4 -6, 2019.
8. I. Markovska, F. Yovkova, D. Georgiev, M. Mitkova, Synthesis and characterization of graphene, Annual of Assen Zlatarov University, 2019, volume ХLVIII, book 1, p. 22- 26
Patent - APPLICATION № 112894 / 18.03.2019 "High-voltage technology for obtaining of graphene and its application as a surface coating on a metal substrate" with inventors Irena Georgieva Markovska - Minova, Dimitar Rusev Rusev, Yancho Hristov, Magdalena Sabeva Mitkova, Polina Ilieva Milusheva - Mandadjieva, Dimitar Vassilev Georgiev, 2019
Patent - APPLICATION №112901 / 04.04.2019 "High-voltage technology for obtaining of graphene and its application as a surface coating on a polymer substrate" with inventors: Irena Georgieva Markovska - Minova, Dimitar Rusev Rusev, Yancho Hristov, Magdalena Sabeva Mitkova Ilieva Milusheva - Mandadzhieva, Fila Slavova Yovkova, 2019
Patent- APPLICATION №113000 / 24.09.2019 "Technology for obtaining monolayer graphene" with inventors Irena Georgieva Markovska - Minova, Magdalena Sabeva, 2019
Keywords : graphene, ultrasound, chemical treatment, electrical resistivity, supercapacitors