Entreprise ireland (EI) – Ireland
Enterprise Ireland is the government agency responsible for the development and promotion of the indigenous business sector. Enterprise Ireland operates under the auspices of the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation. It is their mission is to accelerate the development of world-class Irish companies to achieve strong positions in global markets resulting in increased national and regional prosperity. Through an extensive network of 9 Irish Regional offices and 30 international offices Enterprise Ireland facilitates access to more than 60 countries worldwide. With over 850 staff the key focus, for Irish companies, is covered under the following areas of activity:
- Funding supports – a range of supports, for start-ups, expansion plans, and R&D business plans.
- Export assistance – including the provision of in-market services, local market information and the facilities of our international office network.
- Supports to develop competitiveness – helping companies to become leaner to make them more competitive in international markets.
- Incentives to stimulate in-company R&D – new product, service and process development to ensure sustainability, and growth through the evolution of products and services.
- Assistance with R&D collaboration – with research institutions, to develop and bring to market new technologies, products or processes.
- Connections and introductions to customers overseas – providing access to a global network of contacts – from heads of government to end customers.
Enterprise Ireland also hosts the National Support Network for FP7 which comprises of 36 NCPs across 11 research funding organisations covering the whole range of FP7 areas.Contact Persons: